Thursday, February 16, 2006

My two yrs at a b-school:
This is part of the series which talks about my experiences at XIMB.

Reason why i came to a b-school : got bored of engineering and related stuff. This was one place and phase in my lifetime i have learnt a lot, which i can treasure for lifetime. I feel fortunate enough to be here along with all the great people around.The best part of XIMB was there was no competitive pressure, which would have detered my relationships with my peers. Everyone is cheerful and do not mind to share their knowledge and experience with others (as is not the case with other b-schools esp:IIMs).
My first day at XIMB:I was accompained by my dad (he thought i was too chicken to take care of myself), here i am now where i can claim to take care of my self at any foriegn land, gyaan apart. First guy whom i met on campus was sriram (naturally being a telugu guy). He is a stud from IIT, kgp, very modest soul, talks very less about IIT unless asked. Then met a dude from delhi , Arpan was a flambouyant guy with a fluent english speaking ability, looking at these two i thought i am at a wrong place felt inferior when compared with these two. Three of us went for a walk, both of them started talking about novels ( still an unexplored area for me), sports played at their college, only thing i played till then was cricket n cricket. In a chat of 20 minutes i was able to speak twice or thrice. Then met Samiran (called as jamadar dont know why?) then i thought there were some people like me as well, We were talking about GRE, MS other b-school calls and about other stuff regarding engineering. I was feeling comfortable talking to him, then sudenly he started talking about his girl friend and other stuff . Enquired about if I had a girl friend , then my xpression was there to be seen ( i can count the number of girls i had talked to in mylife time till then). But the best thing was everyone was down to earth. Then we all gathered to play cards. It was fun!!!.I reached my room at 12 where my dad was waiting to talk to me. Then i guess he realised that i got myself (too) comfortable with the place.
uff i did not knew i can be verbose as well......
continued.......

No comments: